You walk into a supermarket, pick a list of items for your family, walk to the teller, flash out your credit card, collect the bill and receipt, and casually walk out of the store with your items. The payment process was unbelievably easy and took only a few minutes. Here, nobody has to worry whether your bank knows and trusts you to repay the money for your shopping.
Such is the convenience of a credit card. You don’t necessarily need to visit the bank and ask for a loan or explain its purpose. Instead, you apply for a credit card and use it to spend on anything while paying interest on revolving credit. Better yet, you can clear any outstanding amount at your convenience.
A credit card has revolutionized how we shop, travel, and transact online. It has brought about unparalleled convenience where people effortlessly pay for goods and services on a tap.
You can use a credit card to pay for everyday purchases such as fuel, groceries, and other goods and services. It is also an excellent financial product for purchasing big-ticket items such as TVs, travel packages, and more, especially since the cash for the items is not always at your disposal.
Some of the benefits of using a credit card include:
- Earning good rewards such as cashback or miles points
- One-time bonuses
- Protection against many types of credit card fraud
- Free credit score information
- Zero foreign transaction fees
- Increased purchasing power
- Not linked to checking or savings account
- Putting a hold on a vacation home or air ticket
With these fantastic benefits, almost all banks and financial institutions offer various types of credit cards. Some allow you to enjoy premium perks, earn thousands of points, and sometimes generate a substantial balance of points from a new cardmember bonus without any out-of-pocket expense on annual fees.
But such excellent benefits on credit cards come with an annual fee. Suppose you are using a credit card with lucrative rewards and premium bonuses. In that case, you are likely paying a yearly fee for maintenance and administrative costs, in other words, to keep your credit card open.
But did you know that you can apply for a credit card today and have your annual fees waived? How? Simple, get started with the Standard Chartered Bank’s credit card today.
Why Standard Chartered Credit Card?
Standard Chartered Kenya is offering you an opportunity to earn a new cardmember offer, which can help you earn reward points and enjoy all the perks of shopping and travelling.
Through the Standard Chartered sign-up offer, you can earn a set of rewards within a set time limit of opening a new credit card account. Standard Chartered offers three types of credit cards with travel, cashback and bonuses to enhance your lifestyle. These cards include:
- Visa Gold Credit Card – which gives you free travel accident insurance while allowing you to enjoy 5% cashback every time you make fuel payments, and access to 23 million establishments in over 150 countries
- Visa Platinum Credit Card – with free travel accident insurance, 5% cashback on your dining and fuel, and up to 15% discount from StanChart featured merchants.
- Visa Infinite Credit Card – which gives you access to over 900 airport lounges worldwide, up to 15% discount from StanChart featured merchants and up to 24 months of extended warranty over the original manufacturer’s warranty.
Best of all, Standard Chartered allows you to enjoy access to a credit card with zero annual fees for year one. Apply for a credit card today and enjoy zero yearly fees for the first year. The offer ends on 31st July. For more information, check out this link.