Henley Passport Index 2023: Kenyans Can Travel visa-free to 73 Destinations
Kenya’s passport has been ranked 73rd in the 2023 edition of the Henley Passport Index, climbing three places from last year’s index, placing it at 76 globally.
The latest ranking shows Kenyan citizens can now visit 73 countries without a prior visa.
This makes Kenya’s passport the ninth most powerful travel document in Africa behind Seychelles at position 29th globally with visa-free access to 153 destinations, Mauritius (34th), South Africa (53rd), Botswana (63rd), Namibia (67th), Lesotho (69th), and eSwatini (71st).
Tanzania’s passport, which provides hassle-free entry to 72 destinations, was ranked the 10th-best on the continent.
Global travel is now at around 75% of pre-pandemic levels, according to the latest release by Henley Passport Index, which is based on data from the International Air Transport Association (IATA).
The best passports to hold in 2023
1. Japan (193 destinations)
2. Singapore, South Korea (192 destinations)
3. Germany, Spain (190 destinations)
4. Finland, Italy, Luxembourg (189 destinations)
5. Austria, Denmark, Netherlands, Sweden (188 destinations)
6. France, Ireland, Portugal, United Kingdom (187 destinations)
7. Belgium, New Zealand, Norway, Switzerland, United States, Czech Republic (186 destinations)
8. Australia, Canada, Greece, Malta (185 destinations)
9. Hungary, Poland (184 destinations)
10. Lithuania, Slovakia (183 destinations)
The worst passports to hold in 2023
102. North Korea (40 destinations)
103. Nepal, Palestinian territory (38 destinations)
104. Somalia (35 destinations)
105. Yemen (34 destinations)
106. Pakistan (32 destinations)
107. Syria (30 destinations)
108. Iraq (29 destinations)
109. Afghanistan (27 destinations)