Safaricom is ringing in the holidays by bringing a month-long Christmas campaign ‘Pokea Uteo Wa Furaha’ that seeks to deepen customer engagement and experience.
Through the campaign that began 4 December 2021 in Dagoretti, will run up to 15 January 2022 will see Safaricom’s customers enjoy numerous gifts and offers in voice, data, M-Pesa, and Bonga points among others.
“This festive season we want to spread the love, cheer and kindness through the various special delights for our customers,” Mr Nick Kamunyu, Chief Channels Officer said during the Safaricom Christmas campaign launch in Nairobi West, Dagoretti Corner on Saturday.
“We are bringing back and rekindling the elements people love about the festive period and giving Kenyans a chance to have a smile after a long challenging year.”
#UteoWaFuraha campaign will last for a whole month beginning from today up to 15th January 2022, the campaign seeks to strengthen customer engagement and experience. #TwendeTukiuke pic.twitter.com/CwPRmMBoxx
— Safaricom PLC (@SafaricomPLC) December 4, 2021
What is in Safaricom Christmas Uteo Wa Furaha?
“As part of the campaign, we will be in select regions across the country with surprise delights such as airtime, food hampers, donation of care packs in hospitals, visits to children’s homes and lunch drives targeting street families,” Kamunyu disclosed.
- Safaricom voice and data customers will enjoy tailor-made deals through the Tunukiwa@21 Offers which will include 21 minutes and 21 SMS for Ksh 20.
- Through ‘Bonga for Christmas’ customers will be able to redeem their Bonga Points to pay for essential goods and services across the vast network of Lipa Na M-Pesa merchants.
- M-Pesa customers will get up to a 20 per cent discount when they purchase event tickets, pay for travel such as local flights, SGR train tickets and bus gift vouchers using the M-Pesa Mini Apps.
- The first 100 customers to pay for a local flight between the 6th and 10th December, through the newly launched Flights Mini App on the M-PESA App, will get their ticket at Ksh 1000.
- On 22 December Safaricom will activate a Google Street view Treasure Hunt where customers have a chance to win Ksh 1million in prizes in airtime, devices and shopping vouchers.
- From January 2022, businesses and Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs) will enjoy a special offer on Safaricom’s Internet for Business 5Mbps service, to allow them to start the year with a bang.
“It’s my hope that the new campaign will be a heart-warming reminder of the true reason of the season and a reflection of the love, resilience and kindness of Kenyans,” Kamunyu added.