Safaricom PLC has announced the introduction of a Short Message Service (SMS) allowing subscribers to check whether they are registered to more than one phone number.
This has been enabled through the *106# USSD code.
It should be noted that this is different from the 707 service which alerts the Safaricom customer when someone tries to register a new SIM card with their ID number.
— Safaricom PLC (@SafaricomPLC) September 10, 2021
How to use the *106# Service
- Dial *106# on your Safaricom mobile phone
- From the list, select “Check registered numbers”
- Safaricom will display and send you an SMS with phone numbers registered using your identification.
How to Deregister a number
- The next prompt will allow you to report the unrecognized number.
- Safaricom will send you a confirmation that the number will be investigated within six hours.
- In case you recognize the number or have requested for cancellation by mistake, you can still reverse the investigation request within the six-hour period.