Safaricom PLC has introduced a Short Message Service (SMS) allowing subscribers to check whether they are registered to more than one phone number.
This has been enabled through the *106# USSD code. This is different from the 707 service, which alerts the Safaricom customer when someone tries registering a new SIM card with their ID number.
Your safety and security is important to us. Confirm that nobody is using your ID to register other lines. #JichanueAndTakeControl #StaySafeandSecure pic.twitter.com/rtPDTi316F
— Safaricom PLC (@SafaricomPLC) September 10, 2021
How to use the *106# Service
- Dial *106# on your Safaricom mobile phone
- From the list, select “Check registered numbers”
- Safaricom will display and send you an SMS with phone numbers registered using your identification.
How to Deregister a number
- The next prompt will allow you to report the unrecognized number.
- Safaricom will send you a confirmation that the number will be investigated within six hours.
- In case you recognize the number or have requested for cancellation by mistake, you can still reverse the investigation request within the six-hour period.