The application process for admissions to Standard Chartered Women in Technology Incubator Kenya, Africa’s leading incubator programme for female-founded businesses will close on Monday.
The Women In Tech program is an initiative to support women-led start-ups that utilize technology to drive productivity, with training, mentorship & seed funding of $10,000 for five selected businesses.
StanChart Bank Kenya has partnered with @iBizAfrica-Strathmore University to roll out this 5th cohort of the Women in Tech incubator programme.
Advancing global trends in women-owned businesses are the programme’s theme this year.
The Eligibility criteria
- The business must be based in Keny; aligned with the needs of Kenyans and operating in Kenya
- The company must be a tech-enabled and/or leveraging on emerging technologies, including but not limited to; the Internet of Things (IoT); Artificial Intelligence; Robotics; Augmented & Virtual Reality; 3D & 4D Printing; Cloud Computing; Big Data; Blockchain; Drone Technology and Biometrics.
- The company must be founded or co-founded by a woman with an equal or majority stake.
- The founder or co-founder must be over 18 years old and Kenyan
- Business models must have a clear focus on sustainability and alignment to the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
- 3 months to less than 2 years of operations.
- Seeking support for proof of concept, customer, product, and business model development.
- Pre-revenue with early traction (users).
- Post revenue is an added advantage, with the creation of a new business module.
- 12 weeks of an immersive learning experience
- Access to a leading network of coaching experts
- Access to B2B networking opportunities
- Personalized mentorship sessions to address your unique business needs
- Opportunity to join a supportive Women in Tech Alumni Network
- KES 1,000,000 equity-free grant seed funding for the top five finalists
- 9 months of ongoing support from Standard Chartered and @iBizAfrica to assist with the go-to-market and scale for the top five finalists.
To apply click here.
Khusoko is now on Telegram. Click here to join our channel and stay updated with the latest East African Entrepreneurial updates.