The application process for admissions to Standard Chartered Women in Technology Incubator Kenya, Africa’s leading incubator programme for female-founded businesses will close on Monday.
The Women In Tech program is an initiative to support women-led start-ups that utilize technology to drive productivity, with training, mentorship & seed funding of $10,000 for five selected businesses.
StanChart Bank Kenya has partnered with @iBizAfrica-Strathmore University to roll out this 5th cohort of the Women in Tech incubator programme.
Advancing global trends in women-owned businesses are the programme’s theme this year.
The Eligibility criteria
- The business must be based in Keny; aligned with the needs of Kenyans and operating in Kenya
- The company must be a tech-enabled and/or leveraging on emerging technologies, including but not limited to; the Internet of Things (IoT); Artificial Intelligence; Robotics; Augmented & Virtual Reality; 3D & 4D Printing; Cloud Computing; Big Data; Blockchain; Drone Technology and Biometrics.
- The company must be founded or co-founded by a woman with an equal or majority stake.
- The founder or co-founder must be over 18 years old and Kenyan
- Business models must have a clear focus on sustainability and alignment to the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
- 3 months to less than 2 years of operations.
- Seeking support for proof of concept, customer, product, and business model development.
- Pre-revenue with early traction (users).
- Post revenue is an added advantage, with the creation of a new business module.
- 12 weeks of an immersive learning experience
- Access to a leading network of coaching experts
- Access to B2B networking opportunities
- Personalized mentorship sessions to address your unique business needs
- Opportunity to join a supportive Women in Tech Alumni Network
- KES 1,000,000 equity-free grant seed funding for the top five finalists
- 9 months of ongoing support from Standard Chartered and @iBizAfrica to assist with the go-to-market and scale for the top five finalists.
To apply click here.