Uber Eats, the food delivery unit of Uber, Tuesday, said it has expanded its presence in Coastal Kenya.
“Launching in Mombasa has always been on our radar and we are delighted to finally see it become a reality. Making eating well effortless, every day for everyone is a top priority of ours,” says Nadeem Anjarwalla, General Manager for Uber Eats Kenya.
“We also understand that many Kenyan’s have been hit hard by Covid-19 and providing a means for them to generate an income as they navigate through this new normal is of the utmost importance.”
Uber Eats was launched in May 2018 in Nairobi, becoming the fourth city in sub-Saharan Africa after Johannesburg, Durban, and Cape Town.
The Uber Eats app, which is separate from the Uber rides app, is available for download from either the App Store or Google Play.
UberEATS was started in 2014 as a small delivery pilot in Los Angeles and was later launched as a separate mobile app in Toronto in December 2015.
HOW TO ORDER FOOD ON THE UBER EATS APP
1. Download the Uber Eats app from either the iTunes or Android app stores, or order at ubereats.com
2. Login with your same Uber account credentials or set up an account
3. Select a restaurant and choose what you want to eat from their menu
4. Press “place order” and wait while your food is prepared or follow along in the app to track the status of your order.
5. An Uber delivery partner will deliver your order to your door.
6. Your receipt will be sent to your email address associated with your Uber account.