Joao Felix snatches late winner for Atletico Madrid over Red Bull Salzburg
- Diego Simeone’s side got a late-winner in their Group A match
- Marcos Llorente fired the hosts ahead on the half-hour mark in Madrid
- Austrian visitors equalised on the stroke of half time through Dominik Szoboszlai
- Mergim Berisha then put the visitors just two minutes after the restart
- Felix then brought the Spanish side level and then settled the contest late on
Joao Felix gave Atletico Madrid a late-winner over Red Bull Salzburg in their Group A match.
Felix bagged a brace for Atletico Madrid as they survived a scare to complete a late victory over Red Bull Salzburg and kick-start their European campaign at the Wanda Metropolitano stadium on Tuesday.
Marcos Llorente had put Atletico ahead in the first half, but goals from Dominik Szoboszlai and Mergim Berisha swung the fixture in the favour of the visitors early in the second half.
But the excellent Felix regained the initiative for his side with an equaliser, before firing in the winner with five minutes to play, going some way to erasing the memory of the 4-0 loss to champions Bayern Munich in their pool opener.