Boxing: Heavyweight clash between Daniel Dubois vs Joe Joyce confirmed

October 24 has been confirmed as the date when Daniel Dubois will take on Joe Joyce.

Heavyweight clash between Daniel Dubois vs Joe Joyce confirmed

Heavyweight clash between Daniel Dubois vs Joe Joyce confirmed.

The clash between the two British Heavyweight boxers has been confirmed.

The two boxers will fight behind closed doors in November or early December, promoter Frank Warren has said.

The two boxers had been scheduled to clash in April, July and October, but each time the fight has been cancelled due to the coronavirus pandemic.

Warren, who has yet to confirm the venue, believes the winner will be in prime position for a world-title shot.

Dubois has a 15-0 record, which includes 14 knock-outs, while Joyce, 35, is undefeated in 11 fights, with 10 knock-outs.

Promoter Frank Warren said:

‘It really is winner-takes-all,’

‘It’s the biggest domestic heavyweight clash in years and it’s testament to the character of both fighters that they are willing to step up and take the fight on even with all the restrictions and obstacles in their way.’

‘In Daniel, you have a 23-year-old lad, who most in world boxing consider to be the hottest young prospect in the heavyweight division.

‘If he can do to Joe Joyce what he’s done to the 15 men that came before him, he’ll be ready to go for a world title in my opinion.

‘Joe might be a little older than Daniel, but in my books he’s every bit as exciting a prospect.’