The Kenya Bankers Association (KBA) member banks have re-elected KCB Group CEO Mr. Joshua Oigara as the Association’s Governing Council Chairperson for the period 2020/2021.
NCBA Group Managing Director Mr. John Gachora was also re-elected as the Council’s Vice-Chairperson during the Association’s 58th Annual General Meeting.
KBA Chief Executive Officer, Dr. Habil Olaka, expressed gratitude to the KBA member banks and the Governing Council for their leadership and support which, he noted, has greatly aided the Association to successfully roll out novel programmes to enable the industry to better support the economy.
“With banks being a critical cog in the economy’s wheel, their collective endeavor is to make sure that under the current challenging circumstances there is minimized disruption. Even at this early stage, it is evident that the banking industry has demonstrated leadership in the arena of response and responsibility,” he said, adding that the top priority has been the establishment of strong partnerships with various government and non-governmental agencies towards controlling the impact of the COVID pandemic.
KBA Governing Council for the 2020/2021 Period During the AGM, KBA reconstituted its Governing Council.
The KBA Governing Council is nominated to represent three categories: large, medium-sized, and small banks, as defined by the KBA articles of association.
The incoming Council members are as follows:
- KCB Bank, Group CEO, Joshua Oigara (Chairman)
- NCBA Bank, Group Managing Director, John Gachora (Vice-Chairman)
- Equity Bank- Kenya, Managing Director, Gerald Warui
- Co-operative Bank of Kenya, Group Managing Director & CEO, Dr. Gideon Muriuki
- Standard Chartered Bank (K), Managing Director & CEO, Kariuki Ngari
- DTB Bank, Group CEO & Managing Director, Nasim Devji
- Absa Bank, Managing Director, Jeremy Awori
- I&M Bank, Chief Executive Officer, Kihara Maina
- Family Bank, Chief Executive Officer, Rebecca Mbithi
- Citibank, Chief Executive Officer N.A. Kenya & East Africa Cluster, Martin Mugambi
- Gulf African Bank, Chief Executive Officer, Abdalla Abdulkhalik
- DIB Bank, Chief Executive Officer, Peter Makau
- SBM Bank, Chief Executive Officer, Moezz Mir
- Middle East Bank, Managing Director, Isaac Mwige
- Development Bank of Kenya, Chief Executive Officer, Victor Kidiwa
- Guaranty Trust Bank of Kenya, Managing Director, Olabayo Veracruz