Kenya has confirmed the death of the first Kenyan from Covid-19.
In a statement on Thursday, Health Minister Mutahi Kagwe said, “We have received the sad news of the death of a patient who had tested positive for coronavirus.”
According to the ministry, the 66 years old ma, had been admitted at the Aga Khan University Hospital intensive care unit. He was also diabetic.
He had arrived in Kenya on March 13 from South Africa via Swaziland.
— Mutahi Kagwe (@CsMutahiKagwe) March 26, 2020
Three new cases were confirmed on Thursday. All ladies aged between 30 and 61, according to the Health Ministry’s Chief Administrative Secretary Dr Mercy Mwangangi.
“All the new confirmed cases are Kenyans… the new patients have already been taken to isolation in our facilities and are being monitored by our medical personnel,” she said.