Chelsea put four past Krasnodar as Hakim Ziyech gets his debut goal
- Frank Lampard’s side get first Champions League win with a dominant performance over Krasnodar
- Callum Hudson-Odoi broke the deadlock for Frank Lampard’s men in their Champions League clash
- Chelsea were awarded their second penalty in the second half, with Timo Werner stepping up to slot home
- New signing Hakim Ziyech grabbed a third for the Blues as he netted his first goal since joining from Ajax
- The rampant Blues had time to score the fourth goal as Christian Pulisic got in on the act in stoppage time
- Mental Health and Psychosocial considerations during the COVID-19
Chelsea put four past Krasnodar as Hakim Ziyech gets his debut goal.
Frank Lampard’s side got their first win of the Champions League win over Krasnodar.
The Blues put four goals past the Russian side with goals from Callum Hudson-Odoi, a penalty from Timo Werner, a debut goal for Hakim Ziyech, and an injury-time goal from Christian Pulisic.
Goalkeeper Eduoard Mendy put in another solid display as the Blues got their fourth clean sheet in five games.
Jorginho missed a penalty in the first-half as his effort bounced off the post. In the second half, the penalty-taking duties were taken by Timo Werner who slotted the second goal of the night.
Five minutes later Chelsea were three-up, Ziyech cutely firing past the hapless Safonov following Werner’s pass for his first Chelsea goal before Pulisic added a fourth in the 90th minute, converting Tammy Abraham’s pass.
Antonio Rudiger made his first start of the season and was solid at the back alongside Kurt Zouma, Cesar Azpilicueta, and Ben Chilwell.