Chelsea ‘ready to sell six stars’ to fund move for Kai Havertz this summer
- The Blues are reportedly willing to sell six players to fund move for Kai Havertz
- Bayer Leverkusen have placed a £90m price tag for the talented German
- Marcos Alonso, Emerson Palmieri and Michy Batshuayi could be on sale this summer
- Bakayoko, Danny Drinkwater and Kenedy could also depart
- Mental Health and Psychosocial considerations during the COVID-19 pandemic
Chelsea are ready to sell six players in order to raise funds for Kai Havertz.
Kai Havertz has been linked with a move to Stamford Bridge this summer from Bayer Leverkusen.
Reports indicate that the Blues are willing to listen to offers for up to six players to facilitate the signing of Havertz.
The hugely talented Havertz has been on Frank Lampard’s radar with Bayer Leverkusen slapping a £90m price tag.
According to The Daily Express, left back Marcos Alonso is amongst the players that could leave Chelsea along with Michy Batshuayi, Danny Drinkwater, Tiemoue Bakayoko, Kenedy and Emerson Palmieri.
Batshuayi is well down the pecking order at Stamford Bridge, while Drinkwater and Bakayoko have been on loan to Aston Villa and Monaco respectively and appear to be surplus to requirements.
Kenedy, who has been on loan to Getafe, could see his Chelsea career come to an end.
Havertz, a Germany international, has been hugely impressive for Leverkusen this season – he has 17 assists and nine goals in 43 games.
The 21-year-old’s versatility is a key asset, too, as he can play as an attacking midfielder, out wide or up front.
Chelsea are keen on improving their squad having captured Timo Werner from RB Leipzig and Hakim Ziyech from Ajax.