Uber launches feature that allows users to send packages to each other
- The feature allows users to send packages to each other through the app
- The feature helps reduce physical contact during this period of the pandemic
- Mental Health and Psychosocial considerations during the COVID-19 Pandemic
Uber has launched a new feature that allows the users to send packages to each other.
The feature, Uber Connect, allows the user to send packages to family and friends through the app.
The feature helps users to easily send packages in a cost-effective and no-contact delivery solution that helps maintain health directives of staying at home and practicing social distancing.
Uganda Uber Country Manager Aaron Tindiseega states “During this coronavirus pandemic crisis, we have been working to find an innovative way to use our technology to assist consumers move essential care packages while also enhancing opportunities for our drivers.”
How it works
Uber Connect can be used to deliver a variety of items such as care packages, groceries and other essential supplies to friends and family while ensuring all social distancing and stay at home directives given by health officials.
- Pack the items in a sealed box
- Inform the driver on “Where to” on the app
- Choose ‘Uber Connect’ as the ride
- Follow the prompts: you will get notifications seeking to know where to pick the item from (just like in a normal ride)
- When the driver arrives, head out and give him/her the sealed box (package)
- Share the trip status with the person you want the package to get to
- Track the trip until it arrives to the recipient