- Barclays Bank Kenya completes legal name change to Absa Bank Kenya PLC
- The company fully rebrands and adopts Absa name across Kenya
- Barclays Life Assurance Kenya Limited changes to Absa Life Assurance Kenya Limited
- The bank has until June 2020 to rebrand to ABSA in Kenya.
Barclays Kenya on Monday, 10 February 2020 officially rebranded to Absa Bank Kenya PLC following all necessary regulatory approvals.
This follows the take over of the bank by the Absa group in 2018.
“All contractual relationships and obligations that the bank has with its customers, partners and other shareholders are not affected by this change of name,” said the lender.
Absa Bank Kenya PLC Managing Director Jeremy Awori said the name change is the culmination of a transition journey which the bank has been undertaking over the last four years.
“Today we begin a new chapter as Absa Bank Kenya, adopting our new name and exciting brand while retaining our indelible commitment to Kenya and its people. This is a major milestone for our business, and we will be engaging stakeholders in the coming days to celebrate the successful launch of the Absa brand,” Mr Awori said.
The name change marks the start of a new era for the bank that has operated in Kenya for close to 104 years.
— Absa Bank Kenya (@AbsaKenya) February 10, 2020
Barclays Life Assurance Kenya Limited has also changed to Absa Life Assurance Kenya Limited effective 10 February 2020.
He added: “Over the years, we have invested in crucial sectors of development of the national economy, including SMEs, agriculture, trade, agriculture and infrastructure. We will continue to play a critical role by investing in these sectors while offering holistic financial services to individuals, small businesses and large organisations alike.”
Customers will expect
- There will be no change to their account details, and they will continue to do their banking transactions smoothly.
- There will be no fee changes associated with our name change for our customers.
- Branches will continue to operate as usual, during our normal banking hours.
- All new cards issued will be under the Absa brand.
- Barclays’ cards will continue to work as normal until their date of expiry.
- Both Barclays and Absa cards will continue to work in ATMs, point-of-sale (POS) terminals and online, as usual.
- Barclays Kenya Introduces Absa’s Vertical Cards to Customers
- Barclays Kenya Unveils First Re-branded Branches
Absa brand is anchored by 4 key values:
1. Our people are our strength
2. We have an African heartbeat
3. We are a customer-obsessed brand
4. We drive high performance to achieve sustainable results